what we believe
The Holy Spirit
- We believe that God is the almighty, all-powerful, sovereign creator of the universe.
- We believe that God is perfect and that He is holy.
- We believe that God is eternal, without beginning or ending.
- We believe that God is one being and exists simultaneously in the Trinity as three persons: the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit.
- We believe that humanity is the greatest of all God's creation and that all of humanity is created in the image of God.
- We believe that since humanity bears the image of God, all life is sacred. Regardless of race, creed, nationality, class, or gender, all people should be treated with respect and dignity.
- We believe that humanity is fallen. Though God created humankind in His image, people turned away from God. The result of this is that humanity has become infected by sin. The disease of sin impacts every aspect of creation, and the desire to sin has become part of humanity’s nature.
- We believe that humanity is separated from God, His love, and His holiness because of sin. Because of sin, all of humanity deserves death and punishment.
- We believe that humanity is in need of redemption--being cleansed of sin and evil.
- We believe that Jesus is God’s unique and only begotten Son. Jesus is the second person of the Trinity.
- We believe that Jesus is eternal, without beginning or ending, and that He has always existed with God the Father.
- We believe that Jesus is Lord, meaning Jesus is God.
- We believe that Jesus is the Incarnation of God. Jesus is God come to earth in the form of a man.
- We believe that Jesus was both fully God and fully human.
- We believe that Jesus was perfect and sinless. He was entirely and totally obedient to God in all things.
- We believe that Jesus is the prophesied Messiah, Christ, Savior of the World.
- We believe that Jesus was arrested, crucified on a cross, died, and was buried in a tomb.
- We believe that Jesus physically rose from the grave and returned to life after being dead for three days.
- We believe that Jesus’ death was the perfect sacrifice made to bring redemption to humanity. Because of Jesus’ death and resurrection, humanity now has the hope of forgiveness of sin.
- We believe that Jesus is the only means by which humanity can be saved.
- We believe that after Jesus’ resurrection, He ascended back to heaven, where He is now sitting at the right hand of God the Father.
- We believe that Jesus will one day return to earth to defeat all evil once and for all and rule lovingly over His people and His eternal kingdom.
- We believe that salvation is necessary to escape the punishment humanity deserves because of sin.
- We believe that salvation is found In Jesus alone. There are no other means to salvation outside of Christ.
- We believe that salvation is the free gift of God. He gives this gift to those who repent of their sinfulness, confess Jesus as their Savior and God, and place their faith and trust in Jesus.
- We believe that salvation can only be given by God. Salvation cannot be earned; it is unmerited and undeserved grace.
The Holy Spirit
- We believe that the Holy Spirit is the third person of the Trinity.
- We believe that the Holy Spirit is at work in the world today.
- We believe that the Holy Spirit is the seal given to God’s chosen people--those who have placed their faith in Jesus and who have received salvation from God--as a confirmation of salvation.
- We believe that the Holy Spirit works in the hearts and in the lives of believers to make them holy and like Jesus. This is the process of sanctification.
- We believe the Holy Spirit enables believers to lead a God-honoring life.
- We believe the Holy Spirit dwells within the bodies of believers.
- We believe that the Bible is God’s revelation to humanity.
- We believe that the Bible is true and is both free from and incapable of containing any errors.
- We believe that the Bible was written by men under the inspiration of God.
- We believe that the Bible is a unified and cohesive work containing a single storyline that points to Jesus as the hero.
- We believe the Bible is relevant at any time and in any culture.
- We believe the Bible provides believers with the information necessary to lead godly lives.
- We believe the Church is a community of people saved by faith in Jesus Christ and who are all now children of God.
- We believe the Church is the Body of Jesus. The Church is a united spiritual body that Jesus rules over.
- We believe the Church has been commissioned by Jesus to spread the Gospel to all nations and peoples, baptize believers, and make disciples.
- We believe that the local church exists to share the Gospel and the love of God with their surrounding community.
- We believe that the local church must gather together regularly for worship, discipleship, and fellowship.
- We believe that the members of the local church must be committed to Christ and committed to doing life with one another.